( The 2023 Membership Form is valid for 2024.)
Next Meeting: February 24, 2024
The Next Regular Members Meeting will Tim Compeau with “Loyalist Joel Stone of Gananoque”, in person and on Zoom, February 24, 1:00 pm, at this Hall, off 137 Queen Street and on Zoom. https://timcompeau.com/
Colonel Joel Stone: https://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/stone_joel_6E.html
Recent Events and Happenings….
Meeting Notes –September 23, 2023
- In case you missed it, Richard Parry has shared his notes from the September 23 Kingston and District Branch meeting:
Canada Day Saturday July 1, 2023
- From the United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park:
Come join us at the park on August 5th for some fun in the sun! Your day will be filled with games and activities that everyone can enjoy. The event takes place from 1-3pm but the museum will still be open during this time. So have some fun with your kids outside and then take a break from the heat to look at and learn about the loyalists and the Allison family.
- Jean Rae Baxter’s latest book was launched Saturday June 24th at St. Alban’s Church Adolphustown, south west of Napanee, west of Bath.
Kingston & District Branch of UELAC welcomes you!
- To unite together in good fellowship the descendants of those families who during the American Revolutionary War sacrificed their land, homes and belongings by retaining their loyalty to the British Crown.
- To preserve the history of the Loyalists by collecting artifacts, publishing historical and genealogical books, and erecting monuments and memorials in Canada to perpetuate the memory of the United Empire Loyalists.
- To seek out and preserve the final resting places of the Loyalists within Kingston and District area (Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Counties of Ontario).
- To increase public awareness of the Loyalist contribution to Canada by encouraging a stronger emphasis on Canadian, particularly Loyalist, history in the school system and by participating in projects that celebrate the memory of the United Empire Loyalists.