Kawartha Branch Information
We believe that the study of the United Empire Loyalists and their contribution to the development of Canada should be promoted, encouraged and communicated to the public through education, genealogical research, the teaching of Loyalist history in schools and the preservation of Loyalist records and artifacts; for the legacy from our Loyalist ancestors has been a significant factor in forming the strong roots that makes Canada the best country in the world in which to live.
- To promote our United Empire Loyalist heritage.
- To encourage Loyalist Family History research.
- To encourage membership in Kawartha Branch.
- To publish and inform members and interested persons of Kawartha Branch activities, programs and historical notes.
- To support the purposes of the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada.
Grietje R. McBride, UE – maplegrm @ gmail.com
(Copy the address into your email client and delete the spaces before and after the "AT" symbol)
If you wish to contact an Executive below whose email is not listed, please email the Secretary and the message will be forwarded to the proper person.
President: Grietje R. McBride, UE – maplegrm @ gmail.com – 705-295-4556
Past President: Robert C. McBride, UE – gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
First Vice President: vacant
Second Vice President: vacant
Secretary: Margaret Pulver, UE – mpulver2 @ icloud.com – 705-742-2255
Treasurer: Frank Lucas – frank.lucas @ sympatico.ca – 705-876-9800
Genealogist: Joan Lucas, UE – jflucas @ sympatico.ca – 705-876-9800
Assistant Genealogists: Grietje & Bob McBride – maplegrm @ gmail.com / gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
Programme Convenor: Graham Hart, UE – egrahamhart @ yahoo.ca – 705-743-6837
Public Relations: Pam Dickey, UE – pamdickeyuel @ sympatico.ca – 705-657-1926
Newsletter Editor: Robert C. McBride, UE – gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
Sales & Displays: William Atkinson, UE – xpitcop @ nexicom.net – 705-743-0279
Historian – Archivist: Ron Good, UE – rsgood @ eagle.ca – 905-885-8777
Membership & Telephone: Grietje R. McBride, UE – maplegrm @ gmail.com – 705-295-4556
Webmaster: Robert (Bob) McBride, UE – gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
Education Advisors: Grietje & Bob McBride – maplegrm @ gmail.com / gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
Social Convenor: Ann-Marie Dunford, UE – annm427 @ gmail.com – 705-772-8731
- Graham Hart, UE – egrahamhart @ yahoo.ca – 705-743-6837
- William Atkinson, UE – xpitcop @ nexicom.net – 705-743-0279
- Ken Spry, UE – 705-745-6422
- Patricia Staples, UE – trishstaples @ gmail.com – 705-930-6408
- Wellington (Wimpy) Borland, UE – wimpy1213 @ gmail.com – 705-742-0743
- Pam Dickey, UE – pamdickeyuel @ sympatico.ca – 705-657-1926
- Robert C. McBride, UE – gazette.editor @ nexicom.net – 705-295-4556
- Arnold Weirmeir, UE – arnoldvw @ sympatico.ca – 705-760-9152
Anyone can join one or more Branches of the U.E.L.A.C. It is not necessary to live in the general area. But for the purpose of attending meetings, participating in their functions and having access to their facilities including their Library, it is wise to join a group close to where you reside.
The Kawartha Branch official area starts at Lake Ontario to the south and extends north until you reach Algonquin Park. The east / west boundaries are easily defined by the County borders. To the east we have Northumberland, Peterborough and Haliburton Counties while to the west there is Victoria and Durham Counties. (See map graphic below.)
Guests are always welcome at our meetings.