UELAC Annual Conference
About the Conference
- 2017: June 22-25, 2017, at the Delta Armoury Hotel in London, ON, co-hosted by London & Western Ontario Branch and Grand River Branch.
The details can be found in the combination of the notes and the registration form. For your convenience, you can download them separately or combined. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2018: Loyalist Ties Under Living Skies – June 7-10 at Temple Gardens Hotel and Spa, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, hosted by Saskatchewan Branch.
- 2019: “The Capital Calls” – May 30 - June 2, 2019, at DoubleTree by Hilton Gatineau-Ottawa, 1170 chemin Aylmer, Gatineau, Quebec, hosted by Sir Guy Carleton Branch.
- 2020: hosted by Manitoba Branch.
- 2016: “Loyalists, Lighthouses & Lobsters” – Thursday, July 7 - Sunday, July 10, 2016, in Summerside, PEI, hosted by the Branches of the Atlantic Region: Abegweit, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- 2015: "Loyalists Come West": Thursday May 28 - Sunday May 31, 2015 at the Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel and Marina, Victoria BC, hosted by Victoria Branch. Click for conference itinerary.
- 2014: "UELAC: A Centennial Celebration 1914 - 2014" at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto ON on June 5-8, hosted by Toronto Branch
- 2013: “Welcome to the Head of Lake Ontario” (Thursday, May 30 – Sunday, June 2) hosted by Hamilton Branch
The conference will be held at the Holiday Inn in Burlington. Discover the heroic stories of the early people of The Head of the Lake and to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Stoney Creek.
Read a conference summary, written by Conference Chair Ruth Nicholson.
- 2012: “Conference at the Confluence” (June 7 - 10) hosted by Manitoba Branch.
The event will take place at Hotel Fort Garry, Winnipeg, Manitoba and will commence June 7, 2012 with an opening reception and registration. The conference will run through Sunday June 10, 2012 wrapping up with a church parade and concluding brunch.
- 2011 "Catch the Spirit" (June 2 - 5, 2011) in Brockville, Ontario
was hosted by the Col. Edward Jessup Branch.
To bring back memories, or to see what took place, watch this video (7:30 minutes).
- 2010 "Beyond the Mountains 2010" (Thursday June 3 - Sunday June 6) in Vernon BC hosted by Pacific Region. Read Fred Hayward's report about the Conference, with several pictures.
- 2009: "Loyalist Settlement Experience 225" (Thursday June 11 - Sunday June 14) in Adolphustown and Napanee ON hosted by Bay of Quinte Branch.
Read this report by nearby Kingston Branch with many photos about the "Encampment and Conference".
- 2008: "Saint John 225" (Thursday July 10 - Sunday July 13) hosted by New Brunswick Branch in Saint John
Conference Report by Peter Johnson
- 2007 (May 31 - June 3): "At the End of the Trail" hosted by Bicentennial Branch in Windsor. View the photo gallery here.
- 2006 (June 1-4): "A capital Experience" by Gov Simcoe Branch & Toronto Branch. "A Capital Experience" in Toronto was packed with an exciting three days of Loyalist history, genealogy and networking. The group learned from our top genealogy and history seminar speakers, toured old town Toronto where the remains of the First Parliament Buildings lie, visited St. James and were entertained at Fort York. Reenactor, historian, author and honorary vice president Gavin Watt spoke at the banquet and the Conference wound down at the Sunday church service and luncheon at Black Creek Pioneer Village.
Read the Conference Coverage and incoming President Peter Johnson's message from the 2006 Fall Gazette
- 2005 (June 1-5): "Westward Ho!" in Regina by Regina Branch.
- 2004 (June 3-6): Kawartha Branch — in Peterborough, ON.
- 2003 (June 5-8): Manitoba Branch — in Winnipeg, MB.
- 2002 (June 7-10): St. Lawrence Branch — in Cornwall, ON.
- 2001 (June 6-9): Grand River Branch — in Waterloo, ON.
- 2000 (May 4-7): Col. John Butler Niagara Branch — in Niagara Falls, ON.
- 1989 (May 18-22): Heritage and Sir John Johnson Centennial Branch — Bishop's University in Lennoxville, Quebec.