To enrich the lives of Canadians through fostering public awareness of our national history, and, in particular, of the United Empire Loyalists and their contributions to Canada, while also celebrating their memory and perpetuating their heritage as an integral part of the Canadian identity.
This vision statement was adopted at the Annual General Meeting June 8, 2002.
Our Mission is to preserve, promote and celebrate the history and traditions of the United Empire Loyalists.
We will accomplish our Mission by:
1) Uniting, in a Canadian-based association, descendants of families who remained loyal to the British crown during the American Revolutionary War, as well as persons interested in the Loyalist era and early Canadian history.
2) Supporting the collection and cataloguing of documents, books, artefacts, memorabilia and genealogical data relating to the United Empire Loyalists.
3) Facilitating and publishing research related to the United Empire Loyalists in the form of historical and family research journals, books, newsletters and digital media.
4) Providing Loyalist education resource materials and encouraging research through scholarship support.
5) Assisting in the construction and preservation of Loyalist monuments and memorials in Canada.
6) Participating in projects and activities which honour and celebrate the legacy of the United Empire Loyalists.
This mission statement was adopted at the Annual General Meeting May 30, 2015. (See prior Mission Statement.)
To bring attention to many of the significant events and projects, press releases are issued from time to time. They may be accessed here, and used freely.
The Directors of the UELAC include all of the people and positions listed below.
The Officers are the same but excluding the Regional Councillors.
President: Barbara J. Andrew, UE
Past President: Bonnie Schepers, UE
Senior Vice President: James Bruce, UE
Treasurer: David Laskey, UE
Secretary: Jo Ann Tuskin, UE
Vice President, Atlantic Region: Jim McKenzie, UE
Vice President, Central East Region: Anne Redish, UE
Vice President, Central West Region: Sue Hines, UE
Vice President, Prairie Region: Gerald Adair, UE
Vice President, Pacific Region: Diane Faris, UE
Councillor, Atlantic Region: Carol Harding, UE
Councillor, Central East Region: Robert C. McBride, UE
Councillor, Central West Region: David Kanowakeron Hill Morrison, UE
Councillor, Prairie Region: Joyce Lidster, UE
Councillor, Pacific Region: Marlene Dance, UE