Connect with us online:

Ontario Loyalist Licence Plates
Make a donation and help preserve Loyalist history
Make a donation and help
preserve Loyalist history

Loyalist Monuments

St. Alban's UEL Memorial Church Flagpole & Plaque


Adolphustown Loyalist Memorial Church Flagpole

Doug Grant UE, John Chard UE, Fred
Hayward UE, and Peter Johnson UE at
the flagpole (plaque visible at base)
Click here for larger version

The brass donor plaque is located at the base of the flagpole donated by UELAC in 1997 to St. Alban-the-Martyr Anglican Church. The church, also known as St Alban’s UEL Memorial Church is on the north side of the Loyalist Parkway (Old Highway # 33) east of the UEL Heritage Centre and Park in Adolphustown, Ontario. The plaque reads as follows:

PRESENTED TO
ST. ALBAN’S UEL MEMORIAL CHURCH
15 JUNE 1997
BY
BERNICE WOOD FLETT
DOMINION PRESIDENT
OF THE
UNITED EMPIRE LOYALISTS’ ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
IN RESPECTFUL MEMORY OF THOSE LOYALISTS
WHO CAME TO ADOLPHUSTOWN
ON
16 JUNE 1784



Following the 2009 UELAC Conference in Napanee and Adolphustown, a Loyalist rose bush was planted at the base of the flagpole in the presence of Past Presidents E. John Chard (1966 - 1968), Douglas W. Grant (2004- 2006) Peter W. Johnson (2006 – 2008) and President Frederick H. Hayward (2008-2011) to mark the 225th anniversary of the arrival of the Loyalists in Adolphustown.



Click on the photo below for a larger close-up of the plaque
St. Alban the Martyr Loyalist Memorial Church plaque