Information on the Loyalists
Loyalist Directory: John Sr. (Father of John Jr. of Ernestown) Williams
(For a short explanation of each row, click on the row title ex. "surname")
|Given name :||John Sr. (Father of John Jr. of Ernestown)|
|Where Resettled :||Ernest Town|
|Status as Loyalist :||Proven|
|Source :||UEL List|
|Notes (Expunged, Suspended, Reinstated) :|
|Regiment :||Jessup's Corp Loyal Rangers|
|Enlistment Date :||b. circa 1717|
|Date & Place of Birth :||6-May-1750, Fiddletown, Saratoga, Ny|
|Settled before war :||farmer of Saratoga NY|
|Date & Place of Death :||1820, Ernestown, Ontario|
|Place of Burial :|
|Wife Name :||Catharine bur 1795 Ernestown ON.|
|Children :||1. John Williams b. c.1757.|
2. Catherine Williams m. Walter Ross of Ameliasburgh ON
3. Ann Williams bur Sophiasburg ON; ma 28 Dec 1790 Ernestown ON to Richard Morden, son of Joseph Wilkinson Morden and Lucretia/Lorania Howell; witnesses Nathan & Ruth Williams, John & Lucretia Morden; settled in Sophiasburg ON. (UEL Lineage II p.784; burial: Langhorn Register p.4)
4. Ruth Williams b. c.1774; d. 3 Jul 1843; bur Lents Cemetery, Hamilton Twp, Northumberland Co. ON; ma David Lent between 1790 when she witnessed a marriage and 1800 when she received land as Ruth Lent (UEL Lineage II p.1236)
5. Richard Williams m. Elizabeth before 1789 when his son was baptized
6. James Williams m. 31 Dec 1789 Ernestown ON to Amy Perry, daughter of Robert Perry and Jemima Washburn; witnesses Robert Perry, Nathan Briscoe and Ruth Williams. (records for Lot 4, Conc 5, Ernestown; UEL Lineage II p.844, marriage: Langhorn Register p.3)
7. Jane Williams b. 27 May 1777; d. 14 May 1845; bur 4th Line Cemetery, Ernestown ON; ma c.1800 to Daniel Perry, son of Robert Perry and Jemima Washburn (UEL Lineage II p.845; burial: Fifteen Cemeteries p.65)
8. Joshua Williams called "a boy" on the old UEL list; received land in 1800)
9. Mary Williams d. b/4 25 Nov 1818; ma 20 Oct 1771 Salem, Westchester Co. NY to William Rogers, son of John Rogers. He died between 25 Nov 1818 and 21 Apr 1820 (UEL Lineage II p.925; marriage: NYGB Record 31:174)
10. Margaret Williams received land in 1812; marriage: probably the Margaret Williams who was married, on 2 Mar 1812 in Fredericksburgh, ON, to Alexander Ross, son of Walter Ross and Catherine Williams. (McDowall Register p.12)
11. Sarah Ann Williams, received land in 1835; m. Daniel Ross b/4 1835
|Proven Descendants :||Bay of Quinte 2004.03.01; Bay of Quinte 2004.03.22; Kingston & District 2004.05.03; |
Myrna Perry of Col. John Butler Br. on 2006.12.04;
Catherine Fryer of Victoria Br. on 2009.04.06;
Linda Lorraine Smith of Bay of Quinte Branch on 2010.04.12.
|Military Info :|
|Loyalist Genealogy :||John Williams Sr UE Certificate Application by Catherine Fryer.|
John Williams Sr UE Certificate Application by Linda Smith.
John Williams Sr UE Certificate Application by Myrna Perry.
|Family History :|
|Family Genealogy :|
|Other Info :||Information from Myrna Perry, descended from John Sr., John Jr, his son John Williams III and his daughter Catharine Williams York.|
See ancestry and descendant charts on rootsweb
More information provided by Catherine Fryer.
Certificate application provided by Linda Lorraine Smith.