Information on the Loyalists
Loyalist Directory: James Pratt
(For a short explanation of each row, click on the row title ex. "surname")
|Given name :||James|
|Where Resettled :||Beaver Harbor, Pennfield Parish, Charlotte County|
|Status as Loyalist :||Proven|
|Proof of Loyalty :|
|Notes (Expunged, Suspended, Reinstated) :|
|Regiment :||First Battalion, New Jersey Volunteers commanded by Lt.Col. Stephen Delancey and later by others.|
|Enlistment Date :||24 May 1778|
|Date & Place of Birth :||c1763, probably in New Jersey|
|Settled before war :||Probably Monmouth County, New Jersey|
|Date & Place of Death :||27 June 1848, Charlotte County|
|Place of Burial :||Second Falls United Baptist Cemetery (7 miles north of St. George)|
|Wife Name :||Ann McKenzie, b 1771 in Scotland, bapt. 15 Mar 1772 in Inverness, d 24 Mar 1826 in Second Falls, Charlotte Co. Parents were Loyalist Murdock McKenzie & Isobel McQueen. No known siblings.|
2nd wife - Mary Allen.
|Children :||1) Isobel bc 1787 (probably died in infancy); |
2) Marjorie b 1788 d 25 Dec 1854 m (1st) Unknown Craig (2nd) William Cundy;
3) John b 1790 d July 1869 mc 1812 Margaret McLean;
4) James bc 1792 d 17 Jan 1876 m (1st) c1815 Rhoda Brockway (2nd) c1835 Hannah Waldron;
5) Elizabeth b 3 Apr 1798 d 13 Oct 1876 m John Fish;
6) Joseph bc 1801 d 20 Apr 1876 m Jane Craig;
7) Mary bc 1802 d 1895 m 7 Oct 1829 John T. Goss;
8) Elisas Wright bc 1805 d 7 Aug 1834 m 27 Sep 1824 Adeline Bassett;
9) Ann bc 1806 d 1880 m 24 Jun 1824 Robert Ash;
10) Isaac bc 1811 11 Oct 1847 m Alice Allen.
|Proven Descendants :||John Shotwell Jr. of New Brunswick Br. on 28 Nov 2011.|
|Military Info :||Drummer - Capt. Congle's Co., First Battalion, Commanded by Lt.Col. Stephen DeLancey, New Jersey Volunteers; enlisted 24 May, 1778; stationed on Staten Island, through December 1778; December 1778-February 1782 served under Lt.Col. Joseph Barton on Staten Island; September 1782 with Lt.Col. DeLancey at Sempes Ferry; October 1782 with Col. Cortland Skinner at camp near New York; January 1783-August 1783 with Lt.Col. Delancey at Newtown, Long Island.|
|Loyalist Genealogy :||LOYALIST|
Shotwell, John (Jr.)
Shotwell, John and Pratt, Helen (dau. of Pratt, David)
Pratt, David (Son of Pratt, Elias Wright, Jr) b 29 Aug 1868 d 16 May 1943 m 23 Mar 1898 VanNess, Harriet b 25 December 1863 d Mar 1955.
1st G.GRAND PARENTS
Pratt, Elias Wright, Jr. (Son of Pratt, Elias Wright) b 7 Aug 1834 d 29 Mar 1902 m 24 June 1854 Sparks, Clarissa b 25 Dec 1834 d 3 Jan 1918.
2nd G.GRAND PARENTS
Pratt, Elias Wright (Son of Pratt, James-Loyalist) bc 1805 d Sep 1824 m 27 Sep 1824 Bassett, Adeline b 27 July 1808 d 13 Oct 1863.
|Family History :||Early Families of the "Mackadavy" by Calvin Lee Craig, pages 368-375.|
|Family Genealogy :||1) My approved membership in the Mayflower Society has verified that Adeline (Bassett) Pratt was a descendant of four male passengers of the Mayflower and signers of the Mayflower Compact and one spousal passenger.|
2) Documentation obtained from the NB Provincial Archives, Guides and Pioneers Muster Roll Records and Scottish Church Records verify that Murdock McKenzie and dau. Ann were born in Scotland and Murdock served with the Guides and Pioneers during the Revolution.
|Sources :||UEL "First Families Of New Brunswick", Sixth Edition, released in January 2006. See "Other Information" below for other sources.|