Information on the Loyalists
Loyalist Directory: John Mersereau (Mercereau)
(For a short explanation of each row, click on the row title ex. "surname")
|Surname :||Mersereau (Mercereau)|
|Given name :||John|
|Rank :||Captain (according to his petition for a grant of land in 1795).|
|Where Resettled :||Maugerville NB|
|Status as Loyalist :|
|Proof of Loyalty :|
|Notes (Expunged, Suspended, Reinstated) :|
|Regiment :||Refugee Company 16|
|Enlistment Date :|
|Date & Place of Birth :||30 June 1735|
|Settled before war :|
|Date & Place of Death :||9 July 1814|
|Place of Burial :||Cemetery of the Anglican Church in Maugerville|
|Wife Name :||Gertrude (Charity) Van Horne b. 9 Dec 1737 d. 18 Apr 1822|
|Children :||John and Charity had these children:|
1. John Mersereau was born on 13 Apr 1757. He died on 30 Sep 1800. m. Elizabeth Breath on 5 Apr 1787
2. Lawrence Mersereau was born on 28 Mar 1761. He died on 9 Jul 1814. Married Hester (Esther) Tayler, daughter of James Tayler about 1786 in Sunbury County, New Brunswick.
3. Jacob Mersereau was born in 1763. He died in May 1812. Married (1) Rebecca Winent on 3 Nov 1781 (2) Mary Crochero on 5 Sep 1798.
4. Andrew Mersereau was born in 1764. He died in 1812. Married Elizabeth Bartlett , daughter of Richard Bartlett and Mary Robinson on 23 Sep 1788 in Maugerville, New Brunswick.
5. David Mersereau was born in 1769. He died in 1855. Married Martha Winent.
From Three Generations of the Mersereau Family by John Wood.
|Proven Descendants :||New Brunswick Branch on 2013.12.02 by Henry (Harry) Robertson George Currie);|
|Military Info :|
|Loyalist Genealogy :|
|Family History :|
|Family Genealogy :|
|Sources :||NYGBS; V38 N1 Jan 1907|